The investment and construction Group of companies “Hansa” was founded in 2005 on the basis of the Russian representative office of the Finnish Skanska Oy, part of the Swedish SKANSKA Group which arrived on the Russian market in 1994. The company united professionals in the construction and real estate market who have 20 years of experience in Saint Petersburg, Moscow and generally in Russia.
CJSC “Hansa Stroi“ offers a full range of services in construction, design and development of residential, commercial and industrial real estate. Management and key personnel of the company have wide experience and took part in the realization of a great number of complex projects, including:
- Ice Arena (Saint Petersburg);
- Swedish House (Saint Petersburg);
- Residential complex on Poklonnogorskaya str.(Saint Petersburg);
- Philip Morris Izhora (Lomonosov).
At present Hansa Group consists of:
- Hansastroi Oy (Helsinki) – holding company;
- JSC "Hansa Stroi" – general contracting and construction management;
- LLC "Hansa SPb Development" – full cycle of development projects;
- A number of project companies established for realization of individual projects.
Shareholders of Hansa Group are:
- European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD);
- Private Investment Fund “Quadriga Capital Russia” (Germany) ;
- DEG bank – part of a banking group KFW Bankengruppe (Germany);
- Top management of the company
In the recent years Hansa Group is successfully developing its general contracting and construction management. Currently, the company is projecting a sports center for the hockey club in the city Yaroslavl “Lokomotiv” (customer JSC “Russian railroads”. The company is also designing and building an aqua park in Cherepovets city ordered by OJSC “Severstal “. Among successful projects: Ice Arena in Cherepovets city for 6500 spectators, Administration building of Sberbank in Ekaterinburg city with a total area of 27 000 sq.m.
In January 2011 Hansa Group was headed by Oleg Barkov who has more than 10 years of experience in the real estate market (from 2002 to 2006 was the Director of Development in “Peterburgstroi SKANSKA”, in 2006-2010 was the head of “Knight Frank Saint Petersburg”). Kari Melsa, having more than 20 years’ experience of work on the Russian market in companies SKANSKA and CJSC Hansa Stroi, is responsible for the general contracting and construction management.The main factors of the company’s success are: a highly professional team in St.Petersburg and Helsinki and reliable shareholders which guarantee Hansa Group a stable financial position. The company’s plans are to increase its presence on the construction market of St.Petersburg and in Russia in general, and active development of own development projects. Shareholders of the company are focused on the acquisition of new construction sites which will allow the group to join the leaders of the development market in St. Petersburg.